HOW TO ROAST GARLIC
Sniff...sniff. Can you smell the roasting garlic filling your kitchen? I sure can! It is one of the most delightful scents if you ask me. Roasting garlic is simpler than one might think but there is one little trick that makes using your creation so much easier! Roasted garlic is delicious in hummus, soups and many other amazing vegan recipes.
PREP TIME: 5m | COOK TIME: 30m | TOTAL: 35m | YIELD: 4 - 6 GARLIC BULBS
- 4 - 6 Garlic Bulbs
- Pre-heat oven to 400°F.
- Cut the tips off of the garlic bulbs so that the tip of each clove is cut off.
- Wrap each bulb individually in aluminum foil.
- Place wrapped garlic bulbs in muffin pan or on a cookie tray.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Let cool. (Remember it's 400°F so be patient little grasshopper.)
- Remove from foil and squeeze the garlic bulbs at the base of the bulb (near where the roots came out) into your vegan recipe or into a small mason jar storing in the fridge for up to 7 days.
Cutting the tips off of the garlic bulb is crucial. Doing so makes using the garlic once it's roasted so much easier and allows you to avoid having to peel all the garlic before baking.