HOW TO COOK AN ARTICHOKE
Ever wonder how on earth you are supposed to cook an artichoke? Ever wanted to make your own Spinach Artichoke Dip from scratch!? Here's your chance! They are actually fairly simple to bake and taste delicious! Did you know that artichokes are a great source of fiber and vitamin C?
PREP TIME: 10m | BAKE TIME: 40m | TOTAL: 50m | YIELD: 1+ BAKED ARTICHOKES
Baked artichokes are delicious eating on their own or in your favorite plant-based recipe.
- Whole Artichokes (as many as you need for your recipe)
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Thoroughly wash artichoke(s).
- Cut off the end of the stem. (Just the end, because the rest of the stem tastes good too.)
- Cut off the top 1/4 of the artichoke head(s).
- With scissors cut of tips of outer remaining pointy leaves. (Proceed with caution, these guys are very pointy!)
- Cut artichoke(s) into fourth’s, lengthwise.
- On the inside of the artichoke where the stem meets the head you will see fuzzy looking white stuff (and yes that is the technical term for it) thoroughly scrap fuzzy stuff out with a spoon.
- Coat artichoke pieces in olive oil and lemon juice.
- Spread out on a silicon baking mat (on a cookie sheet).
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- Take out and let cool.
- If the outer layer of leaves are still on the tough side, remove them.
- What you're left with now is what you will use for your spinach artichoke dip or any other vegan dish you like!