This zesty vegan hummus is a healthy snack that is sure to put pep in your step, and it doesn't even call for tahini! Yes, tahini, not Tahiti (I wish, though.) Instead, this zesty plant-based hummus gets its spunk from freshly squeezed lemon juice and chili powder.
PREP TIME: 15m | TOTAL: 15m | YIELD: 3 CUPS
- 2 15 ounce cans chickpeas, drained & rinsed
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, fresh squeezed
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne powder
- Throw all ingredients into a food processor or blender and get your blend on! Add additional olive oil if desired consistency is yet to be acquired.
- Serve with toasted bread, pitas or even corn chips!
- Eat it! Right now.
When using canned chickpeas, try to get ones with no or little added salt and rinse them thoroughly.
This plant-based hummus is great spread over this Artisan Garlic Loaf.