VEGAN TIKKA MASALA
Easy, vegan tikka masala that is amazing on its own or paired with your favorite rice or naan. For this plant-based recipe I used potatoes instead of the 'usual' chicken, because who doesn't like potatoes!?
PREP TIME: 10m | COOK TIME: 30m | TOTAL: 40m | YIELD: 8 - 10 SERVINGS
If you are a food blogger, YouTuber, moving into a tiny house or just looking for a way to cook food faster or keep food warm at a party this Portable Induction Pro Cooktop is amazing!
- 4 cups yukon gold potatoes, washed + cubed
- 1 medium white onion, diced + 3/4 cup water
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 inch piece of ginger, peeled + grated
- 1 14.5 ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 1 medium red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, loosely packed
- 1 13.5 ounce can coconut milk (full fat)
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- freshly chopped cilantro (for garnish)
- Add 3/4 cup water, onion, garlic and ginger to large pot and sauté until onions are semi-translucent and water has cooked off. (If using an induction burner simply set to Sauté.)
- Pour contents of the pan into a blender or food processor along with the coconut milk, tomatoes, bell pepper and 1/2 cup cilantro.
- Blend on high until creamy.
- Pour back into pot and add in all remaining ingredients.
- Turn down to a simmer and let cook with lid on for 10 - 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Take off lid, and continue to simmer for an additional 10 - 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Enjoy with your favorite rice or naan.