This refreshing vegan pho is made with lemongrass and ginger. I have mushrooms listed as an ingredient, but if you are a mushroom hater like me, feel free to skip them. I always do, but I usually add them to my hubby’s bowl. Don't skip the lemon grass though! Lemon grass adds an amazing flavor to this plant-based pho and is a great source of manganese.
PREP TIME: 10m | COOK TIME: 25m | TOTAL: 35m | YIELD: 8 - 10 SERVINGS
Once you've tried this tasty vegan soup make sure to try this plant-based Classic Minestrone!
- 8 cups water + vegetable bouillon
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled & sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3+ mushrooms, sliced (depends how much you like mushrooms)
- 3 stalks green onion, diced
- 1/3 jalapeno, sliced
- 1/2 inch ginger, peeled & sliced
- 1/3 stalk lemon grass, sliced
- 3/4 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- Juice from 1/2 lime
- Thick rice noodles (Make it as noodle-y as you like!)
- Heat oil and yellow onion slices and cook until slices are semi-translucent.
- Add water and bouillon and bring to a boil.
- Turn down to a simmer and add garlic, ginger, lemon grass, salt, lime juice, jalapeño and mushrooms.
- Let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add green onions and rice noodles and turn off heat.
- Serve once noodles are soft.