Pesto, pesto, easy vegan pesto that is so good, I don’t know why people make it any other way! I am regularly told that pesto is usually vegan. Nope, it’s not. Pesto is “usually” made with loads of Parmesan cheese. Now that we are all on the same page, this plant-based pesto is amazing. It's made with basil and spinach for added veggies and nutrients baby! You can use this vegan pesto as a dip, spread or dressing. It’s so versatile that your other condiments might get jealous.
PREP TIME: 10m | TOTAL: 10m | YIELD: 2 CUPS
- 2 cups tightly packed basil
- 2 handfuls spinach
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/4 cup pine nuts (or more almonds)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- Put all ingredients in food processor or blender and blend it baby!
- That's it. It's done. Easy peasy.