Falafel Buddha Bowl
Falafel is one of my favorite foods. I seriously love them and being made with chickpeas they are a good source of healthy fat, protein, carbohydrates, potassium, calcium, iron, magnesium, and vitamin B-6. They're pretty much a powerhouse when it comes both macro and micro nutrients. So clearly, this vegan salad is a great choice for lunch, dinner, or even a snack.
PREP TIME: 10m | TOTAL: 10m | YIELD: 1 - 2 SERVINGS
- 2 falafels, (you can make your favorite recipe or use this one)
- 1 scoop of beet hummus
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 - 2 tablespoons tahini (for the dressing)
- Chop up carrots, tomatoes, and avocado.
- Place in a bowl and add cooked quinoa, hummus, falafel, and microgreens.
- Drizzle tahini dressing on top to taste.
This recipe makes for a great meal all on it's own or can easily be divided to be eaten as a starter.