This easy plant-based dish is so delicious and can be enjoyed for breakfast or dessert. That's a win-win if you ask me! Purple sweet potatoes are high in antioxidants and are a good source of vitamin C and Iron.
PREP TIME: 10m | COOK TIME: 20m | TOTAL: 30m | YIELD: 4 - 6 SERVINGS
This delicious vegan side dish can be used as a topping on these delicious dairy-free Applesauce Waffles.
- 4 cups purple sweet potato, cubed
- 1/3 cup almond milk
- 1.5 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon Himalayan salt (to taste)
- pinch of cardamom
- Add potatoes to a large pot and fill with water.
- Place pot over high heat and bring to a boil. (If using an induction burner simply set to Boil.)
- Once potatoes come to a boil turn down and let simmer for 20 – 25 minutes, until potatoes are fork tender.
- Turn off stove top/induction cook top.
- Drain potatoes and place back into the pot. Add almond milk, maple syrup, ground ginger, cinnamon, salt and cardamom.
- Mash with potato masher and stir until well combined.