These delicious, easy vegan waffles will make your breakfast! Made with raw applesauce and cinnamon, these waffles come out crispy, moist, and nicely spiced all at the same time. On top of adding a warm spice to your plant-based meal, cinnamon is loaded with antioxidants, such as polyphenols.
PREP TIME: 10m | COOK TIME: 20m | TOTAL: 30m | YIELD: 5 – 7 SERVINGS
If you happen to make a little extra Instant Raw Applesauce, it tastes absolutely divine atop these plant-based waffles in lieu or in addition to maple syrup.
- 1 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk (or use homemade almond milk)
- 1 cup whole-wheat pastry flour
- 1 cup whole-wheat flour
- 2/3 cup Instant Raw Applesauce
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Let waffle iron preheat.
- Place all dry ingredients into a medium bowl.
- Pour in almond milk, applesauce and maple syrup and thoroughly combine using a hand mixer, or a spoon if you want an arm workout.
- Spray waffle iron with coconut oil spray and scoop about half a cup of vegan batter onto waffle iron.
- Close waffle iron and cook according to your waffle iron’s instructions (mine takes about 4 - 5 minutes per waffle.
- Enjoy with fresh berries and delicious maple syrup.