Chocolate vegan cupcakes that are super easy to make, paired with chocolate fudge frosting! I created this plant-based dessert recipe for my nephews birthday so they are child approved too! Perfect for birthdays, holidays or Mondays. Hope you enjoy!
PREP TIME: 15m | BAKE TIME: 18m | TOTAL: 33m | YIELD: 12 CUPCAKES
If you are in a hurry and just want a delicious vegan dessert for your self or even a couple of people, you could always just make the Chocolate Fudge Frosting and skip the cupcake part! Haha I may or may not have done that...multiple times...
If you have applesauce on hand feel free to use it in lieu of the homemade Instant Raw Applesauce.
Also, if you love chocolate (and I mean who doesn't), make sure to try these Raw Chocolate Truffles!
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 3/4 cup cane sugar
- 4 tablespoons cocao powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup Instant Raw Applesauce
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup canned coconut milk/cream (if using milk, use primarily the creamy thick part)
- 1 cup chocolate semi-sweet chips
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Add all ingredients into a large bowl.
- Combine thoroughly with a hand mixer, until smooth.
- Line muffin pan with liners.
- Pour batter into liners roughly filling them 3/4 full.
- Bake for 16-18 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.
- In a small sauce pan warm coconut milk/cream until melted.
- Turn off heat and add in chocolate chips, stir until melted and well combined.
- Remove from stove and let sit for roughly 20 - 40 minutes, until it cools and firms up a bit.
- Add in powdered sugar and thoroughly combine with a hand mixer.
- Continue to let cool and firm up more if necessary.
- Frost cupcakes! Nom Nom!