Delicious vegan spinach artichoke dip! Who could ask for more? This creamy concoction is naturally dairy and gluten-free, so all can enjoy. Usually spinach artichoke dip is made with cheese, but here it is replaced with soaked raw almonds and almond milk. By the way, spinach is a great source of vitamin A, C, B-6, magnesium and iron. Dip in!
PREP TIME: 10h10m | BAKE TIME: 20m | TOTAL: 10h30m | YIELD: 2 CUPS
If you are using canned artichoke hearts, buy organic with little or no added salt if possible.
Like this vegan dip? Try this easy plant-based Pesto recipe next!
- 1 cup raw almonds, soaked for 10+ hours
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 cups frozen artichoke hearts, thawed
- 2 1/2 handfuls spinach leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Put soaked almonds, almond milk, lemon juice, garlic, dry mustard, black pepper, salt, thawed artichoke hearts and 2 handfuls spinach in food processor. Blend until mixed and smooth.
- Add in remaining spinach and pulse. (The goal is to keep some of the spinach in larger pieces.)
- Transfer mixture to an oven-safe pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes, until the top is golden brown.
- Let cool for about 10 minutes. Yes, I know that can seem like forever, but seriously, it's 400 degrees!