SAVORY VEGAN MASHED PURPLE SWEET POTATOES
Can you believe the vibrant color of this delicious vegan mashed potato dish!? This savory plant-based dish is sure to wow any guest based on the color alone, but don't worry it tastes good too. Purple sweet potatoes are high in antioxidants and are a good source of vitamin C and Iron.
PREP TIME: 10m | COOK TIME: 20m | TOTAL: 30m | YIELD: 4 - 6 SERVINGS
- 4 cups purple sweet potato, peeled + cubed
- 1/3 cup almond milk
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon Himalayan salt (to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon Cayenne Seed Salt (optional)
- Add potatoes to a large pot and fill with water.
- Place pot over high heat and bring to a boil (If using an induction burner simply set to Boil).
- Once potatoes come to a boil turn down and let simmer for 20 – 25 minutes, until potatoes are fork tender.
- Turn off stove top/induction cook top.
- Drain potatoes and place back into the pot. Add almond milk, garlic, salt, and Cayenne Seed Salt.
- Mash with potato masher and stir until well combined.
This easy vegan mashed potato dish goes well with any plant-based meal especially Jonny's Veggie Pot Pie.