These sassy chickpea veggie burgers are delicious! And sassy, of course. They are sure to win over meat eaters and herbivores alike. With the added oats, they get fabulously crispy while baking, and due to the chickpeas, they are also packed with plant-based protein and satisfyingly filling. In other words, these sassy vegan burgers won't disappoint!
PREP TIME: 10m | COOK TIME: 30m | TOTAL: 40m | YIELD: 4 - 6 SERVINGS
This plant-based sassy chickpea veggie burger is amazing paired with our Classic Lemonade.
- 1 1/2 cup chickpeas, soaked + cooked
- 1/2 cup red onion, chopped
- 2 small zucchinis, chopped
- 3/4 cup oats
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon group black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Drain and rinse chickpeas.
- Add chickpeas, onion, zucchini, garlic, vinegar, peanut butter, olive oil, cumin, pepper and salt into food processor and blend away.
- Stir in oats.
- Form into 4-6 veggie patties and place on cookie sheets sprayed with olive oil spray.
- Bake for 15 - 20 minutes on each side.
- Get ready to wow the veggie burger doubters! Seriously.