This vegan roasted red pepper sauce is easy to make and is super versatile. You can eat it with pasta or as a delicious plant-based pizza sauce. Tomatoes are an excellent source of potassium and vitamin C and A.
PREP TIME: 10m | COOK TIME: 35m | TOTAL: 45m | YIELD: 4 SERVINGS
If using this sauce for pizza, do not recommend add water. However, if you are using it over your favorite noodles adding a bit of water might be nice.
If you want to use this on a plant-based pizza, try this deliciously vegan Red Pizza recipe.
- 6 red bell peppers
- 8 vine tomatoes
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh basil
- 1/4 cup water (as needed)
- 1/8 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- De-stem and de-seed red peppers.
- Cut tomatoes and red peppers in half.
- Line baking sheet with silicone baking mat or parchment paper and spread tomatoes and red pepper halves across baking sheet.
- Bake red peppers and tomatoes for 35 minutes.
- Take out of oven and let cool.
- Throw all ingredients into a food processor and blend away until creamy.
- Transfer ingredients into a small sauce pan to keep warm.
- Add in garlic, basil, water, salt and ground black pepper. (If you're using this sauce as a base for pizza, skip the water.)
- Pour over noodles or spread on pizza and enjoy!