Easy, 5 ingredient vegan pizza sauce that is gluten-free and has no added sugar, so all can have a slice! This plant-based pizza sauce is also versatile and can be conveniently used as a pasta sauce. On top of being delicious, it's also nutritious. Did you know that red bell peppers are an amazing source of vitamin C?
PREP TIME: 10m | BAKE TIME: 30 | TOTAL: 5m | YIELD: 1 1/2 CUP
- 3 red bell peppers, seeded and quartered
- 10 vine tomatoes, sliced
- 1/4 cup basil, packed
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Line baking pan(s) with silicone baking mats.
- Bake tomatoes and bell peppers for 30 minutes or until they are well roasted.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- Put roasted bell peppers, tomatoes, basil and garlic into food processor and blend away.
- It's done! Yum yum! Get ready to spread it all over your pizza dough!
Try this plant-based sauce recipe with our vegan Pizza Dough recipe and top with your favorite veggies!