These delicious vegan chocolate truffles are made with dates and raw cacao. They are so good, you’ll find yourself reaching for more. And with no added sugar, why the heck not?! The dates make these plant-based truffles so creamy and sweet, but it’s the raw cacao that really brings it home. Raw cacao is considered a super food that is known to boost energy, so power on my people!
PREP TIME: 10m | COOL TIME: 60m | TOTAL: 1h10m | YIELD: 1 DOZEN
- 2 cups medjool dates, pitted + room temperature
- 4 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- Using a food processor thoroughly blend dates and 3 tablespoons raw cacao powder.
- Scoop out mixture and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Roll mixture into small inch sized spheres.
- Roll each ball in raw cacao powder to coat the outside.
- Line truffles on silicon baking mat (or parchment-lined tray).
- Place truffles back in the refrigerator for an additional 30 minutes OR until firm.
It is important to use room temperature dates to ensure ample creaminess!
If you love this raw plant-based treat try this vegan Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe next.