These vegan scones are my favorite! They are so good; you’ll stuff your face with them! Made with equal parts raw applesauce and maple syrup they pack just the right amount of sweetness yet at the same time are cane sugar-free. These plant-based scones are also made with Himalayan salt, which contains a variety of trace minerals and less sodium than other salts. It’s pretty much the ninja of the salt kingdom.
PREP TIME: 10m | COOK TIME: 15m | TOTAL: 25m | YIELD: 8 SCONES
The dough may seem a little dry but the raspberries will add the little extra moister that's needed. Also, a pizza cutter works great for cutting the scones!
Need something to wash these vegan scones down with? Try making some homemade nut milk like almond or hemp!
- 3 cups whole-wheat pastry flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 1/3 cup coconut oil (NOT melted)
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 flax egg (1 tablespoon ground flax seed + 3 tablespoons water)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup instant Raw Apple Sauce
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Mix together dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add coconut oil, maple syrup, flax egg, applesauce, and vanilla.
- Mix until you’re working with a thick dough.
- Gently fold in the raspberries until they're mixed evenly throughout.
- On a floured surface, form dough into a circle that is roughly an inch deep all around and cut into 8 slices, just like you would a pie!
- Place separated slices onto baking sheet with silicone mat or covered with parchment paper.
- Bake for 12 - 15 minutes.