This easy, purple sweet potato vegan soup is oil-free and dairy-free of course. The purple sweet potatoes have a unique taste of their own and paired with saffron, this plant-based soup really tastes like none other. Purple sweet potatoes are high in antioxidants and are a good source of vitamin C.
PREP TIME: 15m | COOK TIME: 30m | TOTAL: 45m | YIELD: 8 SERVINGS
If you are a food blogger, YouTuber, moving into a tiny house or just looking for a way to cook food faster or keep food warm at a party this Portable Induction Pro Cooktop is amazing!
- 4 cups purple sweet potatoes, peeled + cubed
- 2 purple carrots, chopped
- 1 leek, cleaned and diced
- 1 small yellow onion, diced + 1 cup of water
- 4 cups water + vegetable bouillon
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground black peppers
- 1/2 - 1 teaspoon lemon juice, fresh squeezed
- 3/4 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- very small pinch of saffron (Start with 2 threads of saffron and add from there.)
- Add 1 cup water, leek, garlic and black pepper to large pot and sauté until onions are semi-transparent. (If using an induction burner simply set to Sauté.)
- Pour 4 cups water, vegetable bouillon, sweet potatoes, and carrots into pot and bring to a boil.
- Once it starts boiling, turn down and add in 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice and saffron.
- Let simmer for 15 minutes.
- If desired add another 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice and/or another 1 - 3 threads of saffron.
- Pour into your favorite bowl and enjoy!