Are you ready for Fall? Well I sure am! Let me tell you, these plant-based scones are a great way to start the season off right! Full of creamy pumpkin goodness and packed with the perfect punch of spice! MmmMmm! These vegan pumpkin scones are dairy and cane sugar-free! Oh-snap! So get your flax eggs ready and get to baking the best vegan pumpkin spice scones to ever touch those pretty lips.
PREP TIME: 10m | COOK TIME: 15m | TOTAL: 25m | YIELD: 8 SCONES
If you are loving these vegan pumpkin spice scones and want something to wash them down with try making some homemade plant-based milk!
- 2 1/2 cups whole-wheat pastry flour
- 2/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, solid
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 flax eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Mix together dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Little by little add in coconut oil, maple syrup, flax eggs, pumpkin puree and vanilla - mixing as you go.
- Combine until you have a thick dough - I like using a hand mixer for this.
- On a floured surface, form dough into a circle that is roughly an inch deep all around and cut into 8 pieces, just like you would a pizza!
- Place separated slices onto a parchment paper covered baking sheet or better yet, a silicone baking mat.
- Bake for 12 - 15 minutes.