PUMPKIN CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
It's a fall day and vegan pumpkin chocolate chip cookies just sound good, don't they? Or it's the middle of summer and you long for the day you can bundle up in fleece by the fire and gorge on hot chocolate and cookies (does that happen to you, or is it just me?) No matter the season, these plant-based cookies makes for a healthy and delicious dessert. Pumpkin is high in fiber and vitamin A, so no need to limit yourself to just one.
PREP TIME: 10m | BAKE TIME: 25m | TOTAL: 35m | YIELD: 2 DOZEN
- 2 cups whole-wheat pastry flour
- 1 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, not melted
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup cane sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 cup vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, blend dry ingredients until combined.
- Mix in pumpkin, coconut oil, maple syrup and vanilla extract until well blended.
- Add chocolate chips and stir with a spoon until evenly dispersed.
- Using a spoon, place dough rounds on cookie sheet and flatten with palm.
- Bake for 12 minutes.