Pumpkin chili? Say what?! This vegan chili is packed full of creamy goodness, even though it's dairy-free. Loaded with a variety of beans, quinoa and veggies, this dish is an amazing source of plant-based protein. This chili is easy to make, and, due to the pumpkin, is also an amazing source of vitamin A.
PREP TIME: 15m | COOK TIME: 30m | TOTAL: 45m | YIELD: 20 SERVINGS
This vegan chili recipe makes enough for a feast! My intention with this one was to add it to the Thanksgiving menu so that I would have something delicious and filling to enjoy and share. This plant-based Easy Sandwich Bread tastes amazing dipped in this vegan chili.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups red onion, diced
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 inches fresh ginger, minced
- 5 cups water + vegetable bouillon
- 4 cups pumpkin, pureed
- 2 red bell peppers, diced
- 1 14 ounce can sweet corn, rinsed
- 1 1/2 cups black beans, cooked
- 1 1/2 cup great northern beans, cooked
- 1 1/2 cups garbanzo beans, cooked
- 2 1/2 cups quinoa
- 1 28 ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 1 inch jalapeño, minced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 3 green onions, diced (for topping)
- In a large pot, warm olive oil over medium heat, then add onions and cook until onions are semi-translucent.
- Add water, vegetable bouillon, jalapeño, garlic, ginger, cumin, salt, black pepper, and chili powder. Bring to a boil.
- Turn down to a simmer and add pumpkin, tomato, corn, great northern beans, black beans, garbanzo beans, quinoa and red bell pepper.
- Let simmer for 15 minutes.
- Scoop into bowls and sprinkle green onion over top.