Creamy vegan potato stewp, get it? It’s a cross between a soup and a stew! If you’re looking for a new comfort food to try, this creamy, plant-based stewp is for you! Potatoes are a great source of potassium, vitamin C and plant-based protein.
PREP TIME: 15m | COOK TIME: 30m | TOTAL: 45m | YIELD: 10 - 12 SERVINGS
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large red onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 cups water + vegetable bouillon
- 8 cups potatoes, cubed (Feel free to leave the peel on!)
- 1 cup cooked great northern beans
- 2 tablespoons dill
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- In a large pot, heat oil, onion and garlic and cook until onions are semi-translucent.
- Add water, vegetable bouillon, chili powder, pepper, dill, salt and potatoes. Bring to a boil and then let simmer until potatoes are soft enough to mash.
- Mash potatoes until desired consistency is reached. (If you want it super creamy, feel free to use an immersion blender or pour soup contents into a blender.)
- Add beans and serve.