Plant-based pizza dough?! Say what?! Believe it or not, the majority of pizza dough is vegan to start with! This 7 ingredient pizza dough makes enough for two vegan pizzas, so you can eat one and freeze the other for later. Or you can always devour them both at once.
PREP TIME: 1h 15m | BAKE TIME: 15m | TOTAL: 1h 30m | YIELD: 2 FULL PIZZA DOUGHS
Using a silicon baking mat is great because it's reusable. You also don’t have to add any oil to the pan or use roll after roll of parchment paper to keep things from sticking. You can use silicon baking sheets to bake your favorite vegan cookies or french fries, too!
- 2 cups organic whole-wheat flour
- 1 1/2 cup organic unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cup warm water
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Put yeast and water into large bowl and let sit for roughly 10 minutes.
- Slowly add in remaining ingredients until thoroughly mixed.
- Form into a ball, place in bowl and cover bowl with plastic wrap.
- Let rise for a minimum of one hour.
- With floured hands, divide dough into two sections onto a floured surface. At this point you can place one chunk in a freezer-specified ziplock bag and freeze it for later OR you can make two pizzas now!
- Preheat oven for 450°F.
- On a floured surface, roll out pizza dough with a rolling pin.
- Spray pizza pan(s) or cookie sheet(s) with olive oil spray and lay out pizza dough on silicone baking mat(s).
- Add desired pizza sauce and any other toppings you desire! Be sure to try our Red Pizza Sauce or our Vegan Pesto, which tastes delicious as a sauce!
- Bake for about 15 minutes.