Delicious oil-free home fries that are vegan and gluten-free. These plant-based home fries are so tasty they might just become an everyday snack or meal. Did you know that red potatoes are an excellent source of vitamin C and potassium?
PREP TIME: 10m | COOK TIME: 20m | TOTAL: 30m | YIELD: 6 - 8 SERVINGS
Cooking these home fries by this method allows you to steam them in a sense with their own moister and then crisp them on medium/high heat to get them golden brown. Which removes the need for oil. It's pretty awesome.
This plant-based breakfast recipe is amazing on it's own or paired with this vegan Applesauce Waffle recipe.
- 8 red potatoes, chopped into 1 inch cubes
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1/4+ cup water
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Place potatoes and water into a large pan and turn on medium heat for 1 minute.
- Turn to low heat, cover with a lid and cook for 10 minutes (or until potatoes are soft), stirring occasionally (feel free to add a bit more water as you go if needed).
- Once potatoes are soft remove lid and turn to medium/high heat.
- Stir in bell pepper and ground pepper.
- Continue cooking until you have reached your desired golden brown/crispy-ness on all sides, stirring as you go. (Roughly 5-10 minutes.)