This vegan light dhal is simply divine. Loaded with lentils, this plant-based dhal is packed with protein and full of potassium, calcium and zinc. This vegan dish is also sugar and gluten-free, so all can dig in.
PREP TIME: 10m | COOK TIME: 25m | TOTAL: 35m | YIELD: 4 - 6 SERVINGS
This plant-based dhal is light and delicious, if you are looking for something thicker and fuller try this vegan Creamy Red Dhal. Some people love to eat this plant-based dish as a soup, but I personally love it served over rice. Enjoy!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups red lentils, cooked
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup red onion, diced
- 1 inch ginger, minced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons turmeric
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- Cook lentils in medium pot until they are soft (about 15 minutes).
- In a separate pot, heat olive oil and cook ginger, garlic and onion until onion is semi-translucent.
- Pour in water and add turmeric, coriander, cumin, chili powder, black pepper, and salt and bring to a boil.
- Turn down to a simmer and add in cooked lentils.
- Let simmer for another 5 minutes to let spices soak into lentils and then serve over rice!