HOMEMADE CASHEW RICOTTA CHEESE
Easy homemade nut cheese recipe that is creamy and delicious. This vegan cheese recipe uses raw cashews (soaked or boiled) basil and freshly squeezed lemon juice. Did you know that cashews are a great source of protein and copper!?
PREP TIME: 5m | SOAK TIME: 8h | TOTAL: 8h 5m | YIELD: 2 CUPS
- 1 1/2 cup raw cashews, boiled for 15 minutes (or soaked for 8 hours)
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1/4 cup fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, fresh squeezed
- 1/8 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- pinch of ground black pepper
- pinch garlic powder
- 2-4 tablespoons nut milk (for desired consistency)
- Add cashews, nutritional yeast, basil, lemon juice, salt, pepper, garlic powder and 2 tablespoons nut milk into a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Add an addition 1-2 tablespoons to mixture if need.
This easy dairy-free cheese recipe is absolutely amazing on crackers on fruit but it is especially delicious used in this Vegan Zucchini Lasagna recipe.