Homemade Almond Milk
Creamy, 3 ingredient homemade almond milk that is naturally vegan, gluten-free, and has no added sugar. I always thought that making almond milk would be an overwhelming process, but it's actually really simple! Also, it's super healthy. Almonds are a great source of magnesium, protein and fiber.
PREP TIME: 10m | SOAK TIME: 8h | TOTAL: 8h10m | YIELD: 4 - 6 SERVINGS
- 1 cup raw almonds + 2 cups water
- 4 cups water
- pinch of Himalayan salt (optional)
- Soak almonds overnight in 2 cups water and salt.
- Drain and rinse almonds and pour in blender with 4 cups water.
- Blend on high for roughly 60 seconds until well mixed and smooth.
- Strain creamy goodness through a nut milk bag and squeeze to ensure all milk is drained into a nice sealable glass container.
- Enjoy and store in fridge for up to 5 days.
- P.S. If you're interested in my favorite nut milk bag you can use my coupon code, RAE10 to get 10% off!
Once you strain the homemade almond milk, you will be left with almond pulp in your nut milk bag. The almond pulp makes a great additional ingredient to almost any vegan cookie or cake recipe. If you're not in a baking mood, feed it to your dog! I usually just refrigerate the pulp and mix a few scoops in my pup's food every meal until it's gone. She loves it!
Also, many recipes will recommend peeling the almonds after they are soaked. I'm not sure who has time for that though..
If you're not sure almond milk is your thing try this vegan Hemp Milk recipe.