Awesome vegan garlic bread!?! Oh yeah, it has finally been done! Let’s take it back to the days when bread was made from ingredients that you could actually pronounce. This 6 ingredient, plant-based garlic bread is dairy and sugar-free and super easy to make. On top of all of this, it will make your kitchen smell like an Italian bakery and impress the family. You will never want to go back to store bought.
PREP TIME: 10h 15m | BAKE TIME: 35m | TOTAL: 10h 50m | YIELD: 1 large LOAF
Sometimes I use only whole-wheat flour or only all-purpose flour. It just depends on what I have in stock. Both are fine, but the thing to keep in mind is that with 100% whole-wheat flour, the bread will turn out much denser than if you use a flour combination or 100% all-purpose flour.
This vegan bread tastes amazing paired with this plant-based Classic Minestrone.
- 1 1/2 cups whole-wheat flour
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 8 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1 1/2 cups warm water
- In a large bowl, stir together all ingredients, adding the water last.
- Mix thoroughly with a spoon or your hands. During this step you may want to add up to 1/2 cup extra of flour, a little at a time until dough is no longer tacky.
- Form into a ball, place it in a large bowl and cover with plastic wrap.
- Let dough rise at room temperature for a minimum of 10 hours.
- After allotted time has passed, place dough onto a floured surface and with floured hands form the dough into a ball. Cover dough with plastic wrap or a towel and let it rest.
- Preheat oven to 450°F and place empty oven-safe pot or dish into oven while it preheats.
- Once oven is preheated and oven-safe pan is warmed, carefully remove pan, place the dough in it and cover with lid.
- Place back in oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove lid and bake for 5-10 more minutes OR until the outer area is crispy.
- Remove bread and let cool.