Vegan Zucchini Lasagna
Easy vegan lasagna that is delicious and nutritious! Made with homemade dairy-free ricotta cheese, zucchini and yellow summer squash, it's hard to beat! The plant-based ricotta cheese is made from cashews which are a great source of protein, copper, manganese, and magnesium!
PREP TIME: 15m | COOK TIME: 45m | TOTAL: 1h | YIELD: 4 SERVINGS
This recipe was inspired by Dana aka Minimalist Baker's 8-Ingredient Zucchini Lasagna!
- 1 1/2 cup Homemade Vegan Basil Ricotta
- 1 zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 yellow summer squash, thinly sliced
- 8 lasagna noodles, cooked al dente
- 1 25 ounce can organic marinara sauce (any marinara sauce will do)
- chives, diced (for garnish)
- Boil water in a large pot and add noodles. Cook until al dente.
- Drain noodles, rinse in cold water and separate them, placing them on a moist tea towel.
- Cut noodles into thirds (width wise), making (roughly) 3 small squares out of each noodle.
- Pre-heat oven to 375°F.
- Spoon roughly a tablespoon of marinara sauce into the bottom of 4 Falcon Enamelware tumblers or 4 half pint mason jars (or other cup sized oven safe dishes).
- Add one noodle square to tumbler, pushing it down into the bottom and add another tablespoon of marinara sauce on top.
- Spread ricotta on both sides of a piece of zucchini and on both sides of a slice of yellow summer squash, sandwich together those two piece (creating a 'squash sandwich') and place in oven tumbler.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon marinara sauce on top.
- Add one noodle square to tumbler, pushing it down into the 'squash sandwich'. Repeat steps 6 - 8 until tumbler is full.
- Dollop a teaspoon (or more) of ricotta on top and place tumblers on a cookie sheet.
- Cover the top of the tumblers with tin foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove tin foil and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes.