PUMPKIN GINGER SOUP
Easy, pumpkin ginger soup that is awesomely vegan and will tantalize those tastebuds of yours. Spiced up with fresh ginger root and sweetened ever so slightly with freshly grated carrots, all can enjoy this plant-based soup.
PREP TIME: 10m | COOK TIME: 20m | TOTAL: 30m | YIELD: 8 - 10 SERVINGS
Make sure to try this vegan Artisan Garlic Loaf paired with this delicious plant-based soup!
- 1 medium red onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon ginger root, grated
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 15 ounce cans organic pumpkin puree
- 1 13.5 ounce can light coconut milk
- 3 cups water + vegetable bouillon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 3 organic carrots, peeled and grated
- 1 red chili peppers, whole
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- In a large pot heat 1 cup water and add in diced onion.
- Add in ginger, garlic, vegetable bouillon, black pepper, curry powder and stir.
- Let simmer until almost all of the water is cooked off.
- Pour in remaining 2 cups of water, pumpkin puree, coconut milk, carrots and red peppers.
- Bring to a simmer and add salt.
- Let simmer for 5 minutes.