EASY VEGAN BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP
Delicious vegan butternut squash soup that is super easy to make especially in a pressure cooker! Recently Fagor America sent me their new Helix Pressure Cooker and it is simply amazing! Seriously. It cooks rice in minutes and for this delicious vegan recipe I steamed the butternut squash, carrots, and onion in just 10 minutes. Did you know that one cup of butternut squash provides almost 300% of your daily needed intake for vitamin A? Isn't that cool?
PREP TIME: 5m | COOK TIME: 15m | TOTAL: 20m | YIELD: 4 - 6 SERVINGS
- 2 pounds butternut squash (I used 2 smaller ones), cut in half lengthwise and width wise
- 1 large yellow onion, halved and then halved again (big chunks that will fit in the pressure cooker)
- 3 carrots, peeled and chopped in half or thirds (whatever will fit easiest in the pressure cooker)
- 1 13.5 ounce can coconut milk (full fat)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- Place a trivet and steamer basket into the pressure cooker. Add 1 1/2 cups water, squash, carrots, and onion. Close, seal, and place on high.
- Once pressure is reached, turn down heat (just enough to maintain pressure) and let cook for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes turn cooktop off and leave pressure on high until no more steam is being released.
- Then, turn valve to automatic release (steam position).
- Once all pressure is released remove lid and let sit for 5+ minutes (remember it’s hot).
- Carefully remove trivet with squash, carrots, and onion on it and separate squash.
- With a spoon, carefully scoop out squash removing it from it's peel (the skin is relatively soft and may break apart) and discard skin.
- Add squash, carrots and onion back into the pressure cooker with the left over water from the steaming process.
- Add all remaining ingredients to the pressure cooker.
- Turn to low heat (with the lid off).
- With a hand blender, blend together all of the ingredients until well combined and smooth.