EASY VEGAN BACON
This easy vegan bacon recipe is made using unsweetened coconut flakes and seriously tastes amazing. It is delicious on vegan stuffed baked potatoes, loaded potato soup and well pretty much anything you would put real bacon on.
PREP TIME: 5m | BAKE TIME: 15m | TOTAL: 20m | YIELD: 8 - 10 SERVINGS
- 3 1/2 cups coconut flakes, unsweetened
- 3/4 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 3 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F
- Pour coconut flakes into a large bowl.
- Add all liquid ingredients into a small bowl and whisk together until well combined.
- Pour liquid mixture over coconut flakes and stir until evenly coated.
- Spread out evening over a baking sheet lined with a silicone baking mat.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Then stir and flip coconut flakes and bake for another 5 - 10 more minutes. This really does depend on the oven and and there is a sweet spot where they get nice an crispy but can easily burn so make sure to check frequently.
These taste amazing on pretty much everything, but feel free to try them sprinkled over this vegan Creamy Potato Leek Soup recipe!