CREAMY PUMPKIN SOUP
This mouthwatering, creamy pumpkin soup is like a cozy fall day. Its creaminess comes from coconut milk and cream, so it is awesomely dairy-free. This smooth concoction definitely makes my favorite top ten vegan recipes list, and who knows, it just might become one of your favorites as well. On top of its deliciousness, the pumpkin in this plant-based soup is an amazing source of vitamin A.
PREP TIME: 10m | COOK TIME: 25m | TOTAL: 35m | YIELD: 10 - 12 SERVINGS
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup red onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 15 ounce cans pumpkin puree
- 1 13.5 ounce can coconut milk
- 1 13.5 ounce can coconut cream
- 2 cups water + vegetable bouillon
- 2 tablespoons cane sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- In a medium pot, heat olive oil, garlic, and onion and cook until onions are semi-translucent.
- Add water and vegetable bouillon and bring to a boil.
- Add pumpkin, coconut milk, and coconut cream and mix thoroughly until smooth.
- Add remaining ingredients and let simmer for 15 minutes.
Try this delicious Artisan Garlic Loaf with this amazing vegan soup.