CLASSIC VEGAN STUFFING
Classic stuffing made vegan. This easy holiday recipe is made with the most delicious plant-based ingredients and comes out nice and crispy. The best part, it had absolutely no relationship with a bird's ass. You're welcome.
PREP TIME: 20m | COOK TIME: 1h 15m | TOTAL: 1h 35m | YIELD: 8 - 10 SERVINGS
If you are looking for a mighty fine plant-based recipe to pair this dish with look no further! It goes nicely with this Creamy Pumpkin Soup.
- 1 loaf whole wheat bread or your choice of bread, cubed
- 3 cups quinoa, cooked
- 1 1/3 cup red onion, diced
- 1 1/3 cup celery, diced
- 1/4 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 1/2 cups water + vegetable bouillon
- Lay cubed bread out on baking sheets.
- Pre-heat oven to 375°F and bake bread for 5 - 10 minutes, until it starts to harden.
- When done, remove and scoop into a large bowl.
- Sauté onion, celery, salt, pepper and garlic in 1/2 cup water. Once water has cooked off, set aside.
- Prepare 2 cups water + vegetable bouillon and set aside.
- Line a large baking pan with foil or cover with nonstick spray.
- Pour 2 cups water and vegetable bouillon mixture over bread and add remaining ingredients.
- Mix thoroughly with spoon. If it’s too wet add more bread or quinoa if it’s too dry add in additional vegetable broth.
- Transfer mixture to the prepared pan(s) and cover with foil.
- Bake at 375°F for 45 minutes, then remove the covering foil.
- Bake for an additional 10-15 minutes, until the top is golden brown and crispy.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 5-10 minutes before serving.