Easy, 8 ingredient classic hummus that is creamy as can be. This plant-based hummus makes for a great protein-packed snack. It can be eaten as a tasty dip or spread over bread to make an amazing vegan sandwich. It is seasoned with a touch of garlic, cumin and Himalayan salt to thoroughly impress your taste buds.
PREP TIME: 15m | TOTAL: 15m | YIELD: 2 CUPS
- 1 15 ounce can chickpeas, washed
- 1/4 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1 large bulb garlic, roasted
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon water
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- In a strainer, thoroughly wash chickpeas.
- Add all ingredients into a food processor and blend away!
- Serve with pita bread or tortilla chips, or use it as a spread on a sandwich! Mmm Mmm.
Skip the salt if using canned chickpeas that have added salt.
If you're looking for something to enjoy with this plant-based hummus, try it out on this Easy Sandwich Bread.