Are you looking for a loaf of bread with a sweet and spicy somethin' somethin'? Well, here you have it! This vegan cinnamon bread has just the right amount of cinnamon and spice to make those taste buds twirl. This 8 ingredient recipe is dairy-free and perfect for when you want your home to smell like a wintery wonderland.
PREP TIME: 15m | BAKE TIME: 35m | TOTAL: 50m | YIELD: 1 large LOAF
Sometimes I use only whole-wheat flour or only all-purpose flour. It just depends on what I have in stock. Both are fine, but the thing to keep in mind is that with 100% whole-wheat flour, the bread will turn out much denser than if you use a flour combination or 100% all-purpose flour.
Make sure to try our Vegan Garlic Bread, perfect for snacking on, enjoying with hummus, pesto or whatever you desire! It's also great for sandwiches, unless they're PB&J. Garlic and PB&J may not be the best combo, but who knows?
- 1 1/2 cup organic whole-wheat pastry flour
- 1 3/4 cup organic unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 1/2 cup organic cane sugar
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1 1/2 cup warm water
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon all-spice
- Add all dry ingredients to a large bowl, adding the yeast last.
- Add water and wait a few minutes until the yeast and water start to react.
- Mix thoroughly with a spoon or your hands. During this step you may want to gradually add up to a 1/2 cup extra of flour until dough is barely tacky.
- Form into a large ball and cover with plastic wrap.
- Let dough rise at room temperature for a minimum of 8 hours.
- After allotted time has passed, place dough onto a floured surface and with floured hands form the dough into a ball. Cover dough with plastic wrap or a towel and let it take a nap.
- Preheat oven to 450°F and place empty oven-safe pan into oven while it preheats.
- Once the oven is preheated and oven-safe pan is warmed, carefully remove pan and place the dough in it, then cover with lid.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove lid and bake for 5 more minutes OR until the outer area is nice and crispy.
- Remove bread and let cool.