Got veggies? If so, here's an amazing chunky vegan veggie soup! It's chunky, but it won't make you chunky, I promise. The nutritious veggies make this soup the perfect combination of light and filling, so feel free to eat as much as your tummy desires.
PREP TIME: 10m | COOK TIME: 30m | TOTAL: 40m | YIELD: 10 SERVINGS
Feel free to use canned Great Northern beans or tomatoes if you want to save a bit of time. Buy organic with NO added salt if possible. Also, our vegan Artisan Oat Bread tastes divine paired with this plant-based soup.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup red onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 cups water & vegetable bouillon
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced (1/4 inch (or smaller) pieces)
- 1 1/2 cup tomatoes, diced
- 2 large potatoes, chopped into 1 inch sized cubes
- 1/2 head green cabbage, chopped
- 1 1/2 cup great northern beans, cooked
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- In a large pot, heat oil, onion, and garlic and cook until onions are semi-translucent.
- Add water and vegetable bouillon and bring to a boil.
- Add all remaining ingredients and simmer for 20 minutes.