CHIA SEED FRIED RICE
Easy, chia seed fried rice that is perfect for snack time, lunch or dinner. This vegan dish is gluten and dairy-free, so all can dig in. You can follow this plant-based recipe to a tee or get creative and throw in some of your leftovers.
PREP TIME: 10m | COOK TIME: 10m | TOTAL: 20m | YIELD: 6-8 SERVINGS
Once you’ve tried this vegan fried rice, make sure to try this delicious Shredded Veggie Soup.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 inch ginger root, peeled and minced
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 3/4 cup purple cabbage, diced into thin strips
- 3/4 cup green cabbage, diced into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 4 celery stalks, diced
- 2 green onions, diced
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 3/4 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- A pinch of cayenne pepper
- 6 cups rice, cooked
- In a large pan, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add in garlic, ginger, and onions and cook until onions are semi-translucent.
- Once onions are semi-translucent, add in spices, green onions, cabbage, chia seeds, and celery and cook for 5 minutes.
- Stir in rice and serve.
- Eat up!