I think the name speaks for itself. Slurp! If you’re a fan of carrot and a fan of ginger, you will absolutely love this vegan carrot ginger soup. This plant-based soup is also gluten and dairy-free! Yippee! Did you know that ginger root is part of the Zingiberaceae family and is closely related to turmeric? This is why ginger has anti-inflammatory effects.
PREP TIME: 10m | COOK TIME: 20m | TOTAL: 30m | YIELD: 8 - 10 SERVINGS
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 cup red onion, diced
- 4 tablespoons fresh ginger, peeled & minced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 cups water + vegetable bouillon
- 2 13 ounce cans coconut milk
- 32 ounces baby carrots, chopped
- 3 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- In a medium pot, heat olive oil and add in onions, garlic and ginger. Cook until onions are semi-translucent.
- Add in water, vegetable bouillon, curry powder, chili powder, black pepper and salt.
- Bring to a boil.
- Next, add in carrots and let simmer until carrots are soft.
- Turn heat off, pour in coconut milk and stir until thoroughly combined.
- Let cool a bit and then pour contents into blender and blend until creamy smooth.