Craving blueberry muffins? You came to the right recipe. These fluffy, plant-based muffins are not only packed with juicy blueberries, but with apples and bananas, too. Instead of loading these dairy-free muffins with tons of added sugar, this vegan recipe calls for raw applesauce, overripe bananas and a bit of maple syrup to sweeten them up. Could it get any better? Why yes, it can! Blueberries are full of amazing antioxidants and are a great source of vitamin C, vitamin K and manganese. You're welcome.
PREP TIME: 10m | BAKE TIME: 20m| TOTAL: 25m | YIELD: 2 DOZEN
Feel free to use a hand mixer to fully combine all ingredients, unless you really want an arm work out.
- 1 cup organic whole-wheat flour
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 flax egg
- 1 cup Instant Raw Applesauce
- 2 large overripe bananas, mashed
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 1-2 cups blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a small bowl, combine 6 tablespoons flaxseed meal and 12 tablespoons water, then set aside.
- Mash bananas. Mash it up, mash it up! Yeah!
- In a large bowl, combine the mashed banana with all other ingredients (except the blueberries) and stir until completely mixed.
- Stir in blueberries.
- Scoop batter into prepared muffin pan and bake for about 20 minutes OR until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Let muffins cool in pan for a bit before you place them on a cooling rack.