Easy, one-bowl black bean veggie burgers that will stand strong against any beef. These plant-based veggie burgers are dairy and gluten-free, so all can enjoy! Made with black beans, these vegan veggie burgers are packed with protein and are excellent served on their own or traditionally on a bun.
PREP TIME: 20m | COOK TIME: 20m | TOTAL: 40m | YIELD: 8 - 10 PATTIES
This vegan black bean veggie burger is amazing on its own, but is even more incredible with our Mouth-watering Guacamole spread on top.
- 4 cups cooked black beans
- 8 green onions, diced
- 2/3 cup red onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup ground flax seed
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 3 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2/3 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 1 1/3 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil (as needed)
- Juice from 3 medium limes
- Add beans to a large bowl and mash with a potato masher (but not too much).
- Add green onions, red onion, garlic, flax seed, chili powder, cumin, salt, pepper and lime juice to the bowl and mix well with a large spoon.
- The mixture will feel a tad on the sticky side. Shape into patties to make them “burger” shaped.
- Heat coconut oil (as needed) in a frying pan over medium heat.
- Once hot, cook patties for about 5 minutes on each side. (Make sure there is plenty of room around each patty so that you can easily flip them.)
- Enjoy on a bun or all on its own!