Easy, vegan black bean soup that is packed with black beans and veggies, making it an excellent and delicious source of plant-based protein. This vegan soup is also dairy-free, which may come as a surprise to some due to its majestic creaminess. The smooth texture and spices make this soup a favorite of mine. If you really like to spice things up, feel free to use even more jalapeño than this plant-based recipe calls for.
PREP TIME: 10m | COOK TIME: 25m | TOTAL: 35m | YIELD: 10 - 12 SERVINGS
If you're feeling really adventurous top this vegan soup with some of our plant-based Mouth-Watering Guacamole!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 cup red onion, diced
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups black beans, cooked
- 6 cups water + vegetable bouillon
- 4-8 green onions, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 - 1/2 jalapeño (preference)
- Avocado - as much as you like!
- In a large pot, add olive oil, red onions and garlic and cook until onions are semi-translucent.
- Add water, vegetable bouillon, cumin, chill powder, salt and black pepper and bring to a simmer.
- After 10 minutes, add in cooked black beans and using a potato masher, mash it up!
- Add jalapeño, green onions and bell pepper, let simmer for an additional 10 minutes.
- Serve it and enjoy!