Did someone say banana bread scones? Well, no, but yes! This is a recipe for vegan banana nut scones that just so happen to taste like delicious banana bread. These plant-based scones are packed with potassium from the bananas and protein from the pecans. They are just the right amount of sweet with a little kiss of spice.
PREP TIME: 10m | COOK TIME: 15m | TOTAL: 25m | YIELD: 8 SCONES
- 3/4 cup pecans (Preferably raw or dry roasted with no added salt.)
- 2 1/3 cups whole-wheat pastry flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup solid coconut oil
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana (about 3 medium-sized bananas)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a mixing bowl, combine dry ingredients and mix together.
- Use a hand mixer to slowly combine all wet ingredients. Don't over mix.
- On a floured surface, form dough into a circle that is roughly an inch deep all around and cut into 8 slices, just like you would a pie.
- Place separated slices onto a parchment paper-covered baking sheet. Bake for 12-15 minutes.