These yummy vegan banana bread muffins are sure to appease your muffin craving. They are dairy-free and packed with bananas, homemade raw applesauce, and tons of fiber. Trust me, you will be tempted to have more than just one.
PREP TIME: 10m | BAKE TIME: 15m | TOTAL: 25m | YIELD: 3 DOZEN (mini muffins)
- 2 1/2 cups whole-wheat flour
- 4 overripe bananas, mashed
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, not melted
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup Instant Raw Applesauce
- 3 tablespoons flax meal + 6 tablespoons water
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, combine all dry ingredients and stir.
- Mash the bananas. Mash them!
- Add mashed banana and wet ingredients into bowl and thoroughly combine.
- Prepare muffin pan by lining it with silicone cupcake liners.
- Scoop batter into prepared muffin pan and bake for about 20 minutes OR until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Let muffins cool in pan for a bit before you flip them on a cooling rack.