Almond cream cheese?! Say what?! This easy, 6 ingredient vegan spread is naturally dairy and gluten-free, so all can enjoy its creamy goodness. The almonds have to soak for about 8 hours and the cheese has to strain for about 8 hours, but it doesn’t take too much of your actual time to make. And trust me, all that soaking and straining is worth the wait!
PREP TIME: 16h 15m | BAKE TIME: 15m | TOTAL TIME: 16h 30m | YIELD: 1 ROUND
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- Place almonds in bowl and cover with water. Soak for 8 hours.
- Once almonds are done soaking, throw everything into your handy food processor and blend away!
- Lay cheesecloth or nut milk bag in a bowl and scoop your magnificent creation into it. Pull cloth corners together and twist. Tie cloth with a rubber band, close to the ball of almond cheesy goodness.
- Set onto a strainer and place the strainer over a bowl. (The goal of this is to let any extra liquid seep out.)
- Place in the fridge for 8 hours (until the majority of the liquid has seeped out).
- Heat oven to 450°F and bake for 15 minutes.
- It's ready! Serve over your favorite crackers or toast!
P.S. If you're interested in my favorite nut milk bag you can use my coupon code, RAE10 to get 10% off!